Account Login/Registration

Access PrinceGeorgeNow using your Facebook account, or by entering your information below.


Facebook


OR


Register

Privacy Policy

5 children sent to hospital after consuming THC gummies in Victoria

Five children, all under the age of 10, were sent to hospital on Friday night after accidentally eating some THC gummies at a home in Victoria.

Police said that officers were called to the Victoria General Hospital and learned that the children were attending a barbecue when parents noticed the children had begun acting oddly.

The parents questioned the children, who told them they had found candy while playing in a room and consumed it.

The parents investigated and discovered that the “candy” was actually THC gummies.

They immediately called 911 and the children were transported to hospital, where they were observed and released.

Investigating officers also located the gummy bag. The packaging closely resembles a popular gummy candy brand.

Police said no foul play is suspected in the incident, but they are reminding the public to safely store their cannabis products.



Visit our Facebook page to comment on this story.

Sign up for local eNews delivered to your inbox by 7 am every day.

Send your comments, news tips, letter to the editor, photos and videos to [email protected].

To report a typo, send an email to [email protected].





Wed
28℃


Thu
26℃


Fri
18℃


Sat
18℃


Sun
20℃


Mon
23℃

Top Stories

Follow Us

Follow us on Instagram Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Linkedin
Privacy Policy