A once-in-lifetime train journey, prime seats for a Canucks game, whale watching, helicopter rides, ski vacations, luxury hotel stays, spa pampering, wine sipping and unforgettable restaurants.
These cool trips and experiences are part of 14 prize packages being raffled off in the 5th annual Spirit of Hospitality Lottery put on by the BC Hospitality Foundation.
The goal is to raise $100,000 so the foundation can continue to do its good work of offering support to hospitality workers facing a medical financial crisis so they can continue to pay rent, buy food and medicine.
Over the past years, the foundation has spent $1.2 million helping 301 workers and their families in medical financial crisis.
It’s also awarded $443,000 in scholarships for people to pursue hospitality training.
In keeping with the foundation’s BC focus, all but one of the 14 prize packages are fantastic stays and experiences in the province from Vancouver and Victoria to Whistler and the Okanagan.
The lottery is selling 46,450 tickets through Dec. 10 with most of the draws for prizes being held on Dec. 11.
Tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10, 7 for $20 or 20 for $50 at https://tinyurl.com/2fkwp4f8.
Full prize descriptions are on the foundation’s website www.bchospitalityfoundation.com.
And a summary is here:
1. Spirit of Christmas, including an overnight at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront Hotel in Vancouver, passes to the Vancouver Christmas Market and Vancouver Mysteries game and dinner for two at Nightingale restaurant
2. Big Night Out Vancouver, including dinner at Osteria Savio Volpe and tickets to Vancouver Opera’s Don Pasquale
3. The Best of Downtown Vancouver, featuring an overnight at the Sheraton Wall Centre, two tickets to a Vancouver Canucks hockey game and dinner for two at Hawksworth
4. Getaway to Aspen, Colorado with two-night stay at The St. Regis Resort, a two-night stay at the W Aspen and $2,000 cash to cover the travel to and from Aspen
5. Take a Ride on the Rocky Mountaineer, including a two-day journey on the iconic sightseeing train from Vancouver to Calgary, an overnight at the Westin Calgary and $500 cash to cover return travel
6. Victoria in Style, including round-trip helicopter transportation with Helijet between Vancouver and Victoria or Nanaimo, two nights in the penthouse suite at the Chateau Victoria and dinner at Glo Restaurant
7. Big White Ski Vacation with three nights hotel for four people, three days of equipment rentals and skiing and tubing
8. Best of the Pacific Northwest with one night stay at each the Sheraton, Marriott and Hilton hotels at Vancouver Airport, a Vancouver Whale Watch tour and Authentic Asian Eats tour
9. Okanagan Wine Getaway, including two nights at the Penticton Lakeside Resort, dinner at Orolo Restaurant at Time Winery, two nights at the Summerland Waterfront Resort and VIP experience at Haywire Winery
10. Explore Vancouver Island, including two nights at the Inn at Laurel Point in Victoria, round-trip Vancouver-Victoria on BC Ferries, tasting at Merridale Cidery and passes to the Malahat Skywalk
11. Osoyoos Hideway, including two nights at Spirit Ridge Resort, tasting at Nk’Mip Cellars and dinner at Miradoro restaurant at Tinhorn Creek Winery
12. Seaside Tofino with two-night stay in a modern-chic log cabin at Crystal Cover and $250 cash to cover travel
13. Island Treasures, including an overnight at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour and an overnight at the Owl’s Perch Treehouse Treetop Escape, visit to Butchart Gardens and $250 to cover travel
14. Whistler Getaway with a two-night stay at the Listel